I'd guess that all big sisters dress up their little brothers a time or ten over the course of a childhood. My little brother was a good sport. He even let me put make up on him a few times. But that's probably because we grew up on 40 acres so there was no chance of another boy coming over to invite him to play baseball and catch him being tortured by me and glitter hairspray.
Last week Audrey and Hudson were playing in her room. She dressed him like a cowboy and complained he doesn't have a tux to go with her wedding dress. A short while later they both run out in ballerina gear. He in a tutu, she in a full body pink sparkle explosion. Barker and I cracked up as Hudson inspected himself in a full length mirror, confused by his big pink skirt and no shirt. Like any humiliating mother I snagged a picture with my phone.
Audrey took the tutu off of Hud and they moseyed on back to the den while Barker finished dinner. I made their plates and called them to the table. With tears in our eyes we laughed hysterically as Audrey runs into the kitchen in the tutu with Hudson hot on her tail in the full body ballet costume. Again, I grabbed the phone. He ran from me this time as if he knew to be embarrassed so the image is quite blurry but that moment will be sharp in our minds for many years.


No comments:
Post a Comment