Barker apparently turned 31 this weekend. Ouch. But you'd never know by how he celebrated it.
Friday we grabbed snow cones, sno balls, shaved ice, whatever you call it. The birthday boy chose Bob the Builder, I had Tiger's Blood and Audrey got Birthday Cake, but ate both mine and hers.
Then some of Barker's friends came over to grill. I always make him celebrate his birthday. Even before we were dating I threw together a party for him since he didn't have anyone to do it. Some times we do something like Dave and Buster's but most of the time we just have people over. This year we just decided on a small Friday night dinner here. (Half of our friends were lucky enough to be at the beach.) Audrey made brownies.
Yes, I know I shouldn't let her lick the spatula, raw eggs and all, but I caved. And she did a great job. They were yummy.
Saturday morning he went to his soccer game and then we ran a ton of errands. We were in bed by nine. He rolled over, looked at me and said "Saturday night and in bed by 9 by my own choice. This is quite different than how I spent my 21st birthday." I'm sure that's a huge understatement considering we don't have casinos in Prosper.
Sunday he got up at 5am to run a 15K in Dallas. Yeah, that's now how he chooses to spend his birthdays. Running. Yuck. But we got him super light race shoes for his birthday so he got to break them in with a 15K time of 1 hour 25 minutes. Not bad considering he ran like maybe 3 times to train for this race.
He got home with all of ten minutes to jump in the shower and dress for church. We couldn't be late because we had to sign our updated wills.
After church the race was on again as we sped to Addison to pick up some Johnny's pizza to take to the Cefalu family. They welcomed sweet baby Elizabeth on Thursday. She is super duper cute!
Barker, Hudson, Cefalu, and Miss Elizabeth
I just love how happy and relaxed Chris looks.
After we ate lunch and it was time for baby Elizabeth to eat we took off for Barker's game. That's right, after a 15K he had a soccer game. Against a team of 19/20 year olds, no less. Do you see why I'm not so sure he's 31? Maybe he should stay home with these kids. He obviously has more energy than I do.

No comments:
Post a Comment