Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Time Out

We have been swamped lately. Barker has been working days and nights lately because it's summer, and that's their busy season. We miss him but it evens out because he's home much more than most daddies at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and can usually work from home some if I have an emergency (like the surgery that put me off my game for weeks after Huddie was born) or if we're all sickly. But in the mean time the kids and I have had to go go go non stop from one thing to another. I'm so ready for some down time where we can turn off our phones, don't have to be anywhere, and don't have anyone knocking on our door. Do not disturb.

I haven't taken many pics but we've been to the libraries a lot, ballet, soccer, baby showers, play dates, doctor visits and birthday parties. Here are some pictures I've got from Audrey's 2nd VBS.
 Week before last she had VBS at our church. Last week she went to the one at the Methodist church where she goes to school. She had a blast, learned a lot and donated her own money from her piggy bank to buy (in her own words) 'mosquito nets so kids don't get bit by mosquitos and get sick, and clean water so kids don't have to drink dirty water with stuff floating in it.' I guess both churches chose to raise money for causes in Africa and Audrey asked to go by boat. I don't see that happening.
But she did go down the huge water slide after the parents appreciation dinner and worship at PUMC Thursday night. She went way up, changed her mind and couldn't get down. So I sent an older girl up and Audrey slid down probably 5 times in her lap. Man do we need to adopt a 12 year old!

No comments: