I wanted to start the weekend Friday by going to Jerry World. My high school made it to state and were playing in Arlington and tons of my friends were in town for the big game. I think they estimated 20,000 people attended. That's a pretty good turn out for the little town I'm from. But sadly we were unable to go because it's too far from my hospital and doctor. Bummer. It's no longer unsafe to travel more than an hour, since the baby is just barely old enough to avoid the NICU now, but had I gone into labor I wouldn't have likely made it out of Jerry world and to my hospital in time for an epidural, which I didn't want to risk. (I'm a wuss.) And Barker refused to chance me having a baby where the Cowboys play. (He hates the Cowboys) So we had to watch the game from home and in the end I'm glad we did.
The rest of the weekend was just as nice. We did a little shopping and a little cooking. And Audrey had a visit with Santa to tell him what she was hoping for this year.
When I tried to take her Thursday afternoon she was adamant that she wanted her Daddy to take her. So I took her shopping instead so she could pick out a gift for her baby brother. She told the cashier that I have Jesus in my belly and he's about to fall out. Nice.
I offered again Thursday night to take her the following morning when it wouldn't be so busy but she still had it in her mind that Daddy had to tag along. So we went over the weekend (with her Daddy) and she really enjoyed hugging Santa and telling him what she would like him to bring her for Christmas this year. Before we left I asked her what she planned on asking for and her sweet self said 'Just toys for my brother.' I teared up. My cup runneth over
Sunday afternoon Prosper held it's annual Christmas parade and festival. I love our little town. They know how to throw a party. Audrey played in bounce houses, had a corn dog and hot chocolate, decorated cookies and rode a pony.
She was stoked to get the purple one, being a Wizard of Oz fan.
Then at dusk the town's Christmas tree was lit and Audrey sang with other kids from her school on the stage.
Love her expression here.
She did really well and sang a few Christmas songs which for us was a nice change of pace from her hourly rendition of the Abba classic 'Mamma Mia'
No comments:
Post a Comment