Monday, September 19, 2011

Prosper Homecoming 2011


Homecoming was early this year. It was only Audrey's 2nd day of school after all. So I got her dressed into some school appropriate Prosper gear.


When I picked her up we changed clothes and waited on her Daddy to make it home for the parade. It's normally held on Friday afternoons before he gets off work so he's never attended with us. This was his first Prosper Homecoming parade.
Audrey changed into something a little more festive.


However I only have cool weather Prosper football gear because I'm from a football town and I'm used to it actually being autumn during football season. Apparently Texas forgot to turn off the heater and it's still hitting triple digits. So my Prosper pride was only shown in the form of matching Prosper green bandanas, normally reserved for cleaning ladies.

Audrey was over the moon to have her Daddy in attendance. He's the fun one, while I have to be the rational parent. But I knew it would be like that well before we had kids so I'm used to it and adore sitting back and watching these two besties enjoy every second they spend together. But it's funny... Barker and I aren't very touchy or lovey with anyone else and really like our personal space. However, you'd think the three of us were glued to each other.

This was the first year I felt Audrey was old enough to enjoy the parade with out watching from her stroller. In other words, I thought she'd understand the concept of catching candy, footballs, flags, toys and toothbrushes that are thrown from the floats. This is where Daddy came in handy.
When the floats came by he'd hold her up and she'd hold out her bag for the swim team, football players, etc to throw their goodies into. And if anyone threw items into the grass he'd let her down so she could scramble for a prize like a desperate bridesmaid. Basically, he taught her to panhandle. ha! But I couldn't have held her over this huge belly for 45 minutes and taken pictures at the same time. So having him there as our muscle was a strategic move, even if we didn't realize it until later.


On Friday we were excited to go to the homecoming game. As soon as we walked outside it started to rain. I didn't want to risk getting drenched with Audi.
So we decided to just go to dinner in our green Prosper gear instead. It's the first year we've missed the homecoming game but we still had a nice family Friday night.

No comments: