Audrey and I are so thankful everyday for her way beyond wonderful Daddy and all the things he does for us on a daily basis. So we were very excited to show him just how much we appreciate him on Father's Day.
First, we gave him all of his Father's Day goodies. He got tickets to an LSU game in Baton Rouge. Even though he lived in Louisiana for so many years, he's never been to a game at Tiger Stadium. He's a die hard Texas fan but I hear there is nothing like a game in Baton Rouge so I thought it was about time he check it out. For his desk Audrey painted him a ceramic coaster with her footprint on it and a bowl for his keys with her hand prints on it. She also has another gift headed his way that just didn't make it in time for his big day.
Then we took him some place we used to pass all the time and he always said he wanted to visit, the Dallas World Aquarium. It was a blast! We had so much more fun than we expected! We got to feed some of the animals and see things that blew us away. It was great!

Us at the Black Footed Penguin exhibit.


I loved the polka dot sting rays.

Flamingos.


The owls put on quite a show flying back and forth, and I'm pretty sure they were looking at my baby as if she would make a tasty meal.

The jelly fish might have been the most amazing thing we got to see.

The super cool sea dragons.
The shark tunnel was really neat, with just a dash of scary.







Audrey wanting to pet a manatee.

Sea turtle missing a limb. Poor guy.

The manatees were in a good mood and playing with a log. It was a lot of fun to watch.

There were beautiful birds everywhere and some how I managed to not get pooped on. And that's always a plus.


Sloths

Audrey didn't quite know what to think of the penguins.
After our trip to the aquarium we headed over to Angry Dog for lunch. I LOVE Angry Dog but Barker had never been. I knew he'd dig it but I didn't know Audrey would have so much fun. She was all smiles the whole day, even though she's teething. Such a trooper!

Fist full of Cheerios means one happy baby!

So excited over something that she gave me her pirate face. I love when she does that.
For dinner later that night we had sushi. It was a great ending to our special day but probably not the food of choice for the aquarium employees... Oops.
Anyhow- it was a great day just like everyday, all due to Audrey's Daddy. We always love to celebrate him but when you can combine it with animals and food, well there's just nothing better in my book.
Happy Father's Day Honey! You're the best! We love you!
First, we gave him all of his Father's Day goodies. He got tickets to an LSU game in Baton Rouge. Even though he lived in Louisiana for so many years, he's never been to a game at Tiger Stadium. He's a die hard Texas fan but I hear there is nothing like a game in Baton Rouge so I thought it was about time he check it out. For his desk Audrey painted him a ceramic coaster with her footprint on it and a bowl for his keys with her hand prints on it. She also has another gift headed his way that just didn't make it in time for his big day.
Then we took him some place we used to pass all the time and he always said he wanted to visit, the Dallas World Aquarium. It was a blast! We had so much more fun than we expected! We got to feed some of the animals and see things that blew us away. It was great!
Us at the Black Footed Penguin exhibit.
I loved the polka dot sting rays.
Flamingos.
The owls put on quite a show flying back and forth, and I'm pretty sure they were looking at my baby as if she would make a tasty meal.
The jelly fish might have been the most amazing thing we got to see.
The super cool sea dragons.
The shark tunnel was really neat, with just a dash of scary.
Audrey wanting to pet a manatee.
Sea turtle missing a limb. Poor guy.
The manatees were in a good mood and playing with a log. It was a lot of fun to watch.
There were beautiful birds everywhere and some how I managed to not get pooped on. And that's always a plus.
Sloths
Audrey didn't quite know what to think of the penguins.
After our trip to the aquarium we headed over to Angry Dog for lunch. I LOVE Angry Dog but Barker had never been. I knew he'd dig it but I didn't know Audrey would have so much fun. She was all smiles the whole day, even though she's teething. Such a trooper!
Fist full of Cheerios means one happy baby!
So excited over something that she gave me her pirate face. I love when she does that.
For dinner later that night we had sushi. It was a great ending to our special day but probably not the food of choice for the aquarium employees... Oops.
Anyhow- it was a great day just like everyday, all due to Audrey's Daddy. We always love to celebrate him but when you can combine it with animals and food, well there's just nothing better in my book.
Happy Father's Day Honey! You're the best! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment