Friday, April 24, 2009

Crawling...or at least something a lot like it.

Audrey started doing this funny 'crawling thing' today. She will get from one side of the room to the other but she likes to leave one leg positioned so that she can easily sit down again, should she tucker out. Cause if she falls on her face she can only roll to her back. Or get mad. Most of the time she just gets mad cause she can't sit back up again.
So I sat her several feet from me and made some of her toys make noise. For about 2 minutes of this clip she just stares at me like "Seriously Mom? You're just going to play with my toys and not bring me any?" Then around the 3 minute mark she starts to make her way across, looking like a wounded monkey. But she's getting better by the hour and it's coming together. She's refining her craft.
She has wasted no time using this new trick to get into everything. I thought she'd give me a little more of a heads up and time to put things away. So I had to stick her in her high chair with her beloved Cheerios while I scampered to get things out of her reach, in the living room at least. We have all the baby proofing things, Barker just hasn't done it yet. So he's headed home to take care of it now. And in the mean time she is discovering all kinds of new things.

No comments: